Online craps is one of the most entertaining casino games to play. We promise the game is not as complicated as it looks. In fact, once you are familiar with the rules you can get started with your gameplay as soon as possible.
Get to know the craps table and the different types of games and bets that you can make with our quick guide below. We also provide you with the best online craps casinos where you can play the casino game for free and for real money!
Play Online Craps Real Money
Basic Online Craps Game Rules
Online craps rules are quite straightforward to follow. The objective of the game is to simply bet on the outcome of a dice roll, and you win based on this.
Below are some of the basic rules that you must know about the game of craps:
- Up to 20 players can sit at a craps table.
- You cannot bet on an individual die unless you are playing Die Rich Craps which is played with only one die.
- The shooter remains the shooter if they land a point number in the previous round.
Types of Craps Variations
Not a lot of people know this, but online craps has many different versions that you can play. Normally, the differences in the games are the rules for the come-out roll and sometimes the number of dice that are used.
For instance, in Die Rich craps one die is used. While in Simplified Craps the game uses different rules and completely new betting systems. Below are the most popular craps variations include the following:
Crapless Craps is one of the most popular variations of the game. Here, a bet on the pass line does not lose if a 2, 3 or 12 is rolled out in the first roll. This game does not feature a don’t pass bet and the rules are slightly different from traditional craps.
Bank Craps are quite popular in Las Vegas, using a different table and layout. All the bets that are made in this variation are made against the house. To bet on the shooter you place your chips on the line, does pass or win section.
Die Rich Craps
Die Rich Craps have nothing to do with 50 Cent, or his movie. In this game of craps, only one die is used and on a smaller table with a slightly different layout. This version of craps is quite easy to understand and exciting to play.
Simplified Craps comes with simplified rules and other side bets which are quite straightforward. The game does not consist of the pass line and don’t pass line bets, instead, players bet directly on the numbers.
New York Craps
New York Craps are predominant in the United States and the United Kingdom but were founded in Yugoslavia. In this game, a different table is used and it does not consist of the come and don’t come bets. You can bet on numbers 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9.
Online Craps Table – Play the Craps Game Online
There are many different types of bets available on the table and below we take you through each one of them.
The pass line is one of the main bets in craps with a house edge of only 1.41%. Here is simply betting on the shooter to roll either a 7 or 11 on the come-out roll.
Don’t Pass Line
The don’t pass line works vice versa to the pass line bet. If a 7 or 11 is rolled out on the come-out roll, the player bets lose. The house edge here is 1.36%.
The come bet works similar to the pass line, but the difference is only that it can be made at any time. On the come bet you wager if a 7 or 11 will be rolled before a point number and the bet loses if a 2, 3 or 12 rolled. The house edge for this bet is also 1.41%.
Don’t Come Bet
Works vice versa to the come bet. Here if a 7 or 11 is rolled before the point number the bet loses. If the outcome is 12 instead, it’s called a push and establishes a point with another number. The house edge for the don’t come bet is 1.36%.
A bet on pairs. If a 4, 6, 8 or 10 is rolled in pairs your bet wins, if not or if a 7 is rolled first then the bet loses. The house edge for hardway bets in craps goes to up to 11.1%.
Online Craps How to Play
Online craps is one easiest games at a casino once you are familiar with the rules. Now that you have learned them here on our guide, you can get started in playing craps as follows:
- Place you bet – your first bet is on the first roll of the dice, which is known as the come-out roll.
- If after the roll the total of the dice is anything from the don’t pass bet, the game ends.
- If not then a point is established.
- Thereafter begins the next stage, where the shooter rolls the dice again after the dealer pays the bets from the first roll.
- The dice roll will continue until a 7 or any point number is rolled.
- Once that is completed, the game ends and you can collect your winnings.
How to Choose a Craps Casino
Choosing the best craps online casino goes beyond looking at the welcome bonus package. When trying out different casinos, you will see that each one is exclusive in what they offer, including the platform, types of craps games in the lobby as well as promotions.
Below are important factors that we look at when choosing the best online craps casino for our readers:
- Licensed online craps sites – playing at licensed and regulated casinos is the best way to enjoy the best online gambling experience. Why? Because this ensures that your deposits and payouts will be honored.
- Ongoing promotions – besides welcome bonuses, online craps casinos have a lot of other rewards for their customers. This is why it is important to look at such casinos that constantly have some bonus perks to offer players. These include loyalty reward schemes, daily bonuses and other specials.
- Gaming Selection – while craps does not have that many variations, it is important to play at a casino with a lot of game options on their lobby. This will allow you try out different games when you want.
- Mobile craps apps – there is no fun in playing at a casino if you will need to be stuck on your home PC every time you want to play. This is why when we vet the best craps casinos we look for sites that have apps or allow mobile gameplay. This means you can enjoy your games from anywhere at any time.
How to Win at Craps – Best Online Craps Strategy
Online craps, just like any casino game comes with a house edge. Therefore, it is quite impossible to win craps every time. However, using a basic craps strategy can improve your chances of winning.
The best strategy is to divide your bankroll for the main bets to place an odds bet. This is one of the best bets in the game with little to no house edge. By using this strategy, players further reduce the edge to less than 1%.
However, if you don’t have much in your bankroll you can do away with the odds bets and simply bet on the main bets the pass/don’t pass and come/don’t come bets.
The basic craps strategy is to also avoid the Big 6 and Big 8 bets since they are risky and only pay even money.
Online Craps Glossary
Ace – a die with a value of one.
Big Red – a roll of a7.
Bones – another name for dice.
Craps – a bet that 2, 3 or 12 will be rolled next
Come Out Roll – first roll of the dice, which sets the point
Easy Way – a roll of 4, 6, 8 and 10 without a pair.
Even Money – a bet that pays 1:1.
Little Joe – roll of a 4.
Little Phoebe – roll of a 5.
Natural – a roll of 7 or 11 on the comeout roll.
Point – value made on the comeout roll.
Square pair – Hard 8.
Yo – another term for 11.
FAQs about Craps Online
Are online craps games rigged?
Yes and no. Yes, if you play craps at untrustworthy sites. No, if you join a licensed and regulated craps site as these offer the safest gambling experience.
Is Crapless craps better?
Not necessarily. Crapless craps has five times the house edge than the normal game. However, this also means if you win on the game, you win more.
What does hardway mean in craps?
A hardway in craps is abet on any pair; 4, 6, 8 or 10.
Can you play craps for real money?
Of course, you play craps for real money at top casinos. However, you will need to deposit real cash if you want real money payouts.
How do you play online with friends on craps?
You can play craps online with friends by simply joining the same craps table.
Do casinos use loaded dice?
Yes and no. Some instances of loaded dice have been found at some land-based casinos. However, if you play at reputable sites you get to avoid such. More so, online casinos cannot use loaded dice since the gameplay is virtual and the RNGs used in the games are regularly checked by independent agencies.
More Casino Games
Online Sic Bo